Welcome to Affordable Homeownership Foundation!
We are here to bring all the good things about owning a home within reach – especially if you have a low income, are rebounding from credit or employment problems, or you are a veteran, first responder or teacher.
Many people in these circumstances might not think they can realize the dream of homeownership. This is unfortunate for all of us, because not only is home ownership a great thing for you and your family, it also does important things for the community you live in.
Home owners make their communities more stable by staying longer, and spending more on local goods and services. They put more into their schools and civic organizations, and of course they get economic advantages themselves, from building equity instead of paying out rent. As the worth of their property grows, it becomes an important asset – it has value that can become a legacy for future generations.
We believe the more people own their own homes, the better off our neighborhoods and cities will be.
And as Robert Shellman, founder of AHF, said:
All people, regardless of income level, have a right to decent, safe, sanitary, and affordable housing.
That’s why we do what we do.
Here are some of the ways we help make homeownership a reality:
- Advice to guide you through the process of buying a home.
- Advice to help you repair credit, budget your money and get your finances ready for buying a home.
- Advice and assistance to keep people in their homes when they are at risk of foreclosure.
- Classes on how to maintain your new home, so minor repairs don’t turn into major repairs that interfere with your mortgage payments.
Housing development and rehabilitation
- Revitalizing communities with improved housing opportunities, kept within reach for low income families.
- ADA accessible housing, for seniors, disabled individuals and veterans.
Special services for veterans
- Including our program to make previously foreclosed properties available to disadvantaged veterans.
- Deposits for water, electric and rent, when available, to help veterans maintain a safe place to live and stay housed.
AHF is a non-profit 501(c) 3, HUD accredited, organization. We operate in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry, and Sarasota Counties in Florida.
Now, how can we help you?
Let us know, and sign up for email updates from AHF so you can stay in the loop.