AHF Services For Veterans
Ranging from homeownership to homelessness, AHF has certified Military & Veterans Housing Counselors who provides information, advocacy, and technical assistance to those seeking answers to housing questions.
AHF offers confidential services to all military personnel (active duty, National Guard, Reserves, and veterans) and their families, by connecting them with local, state and national resources.
Find resources for Veterans in Crisis here.
Homes For Vets Program
Affordable Homeownership Foundation INC. Announces their Veterans Housing Initiative. Homes for Vets is a program of the Affordable Homeownership Foundation in partnership with Bank of America and the National Community Stabilization Trust. The program provides low cost homes to U.S. Military Veterans who are disabled and/or low-to-moderate income. This housing initiative provides eligible veterans with the opportunity to buy at a discount a renovated foreclosed home.
Vets May Qualify For Discounted Homes
Renovated homes may be purchased for 90% of the listing price of the home by veterans who meet the following requirements:
- Household must include a U.S Military Veteran whose discharge was other than dishonorable.
- The household’s income must be no more than 120% of the area median family income.*
- The household must have sufficient income to afford the long-term costs of homeownership, such as mortgage, property taxes and insurance.
- The household must complete an approved homebuyer education course.
- The household must have received a pre-qualification letter from a lender for permanent financing in an amount not less than 90% of the listing price of the home.
* During the first 120 days after an AHF property is made available for sale, it may be sold only to a qualified veteran whose household income is at or below 80% AMFI or to a qualified veteran with a disability whose household income is at or below 120% AMFI. After the initial 30- day marketing period, the home may be sold to a qualified non-disabled veteran with household come at or below 120% AMFI
How To Apply
AHF is a nonprofit housing corporation that manages the rehabilitation of the homes, marketing of the homes, and finds eligible homebuyers.
AHF in coordination with our local partners, will accept and review applications from potential homebuyers.
Homes For Vets Application Packet
You MUST set an appointment to meet with our staff in person to turn in the application and go over the parameters of the program. Our appointment hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00 and Saturday by appointment only. In order to be eligible for these programs you MUST take a first time home buyer class and receive a Certificate of Completion either in person or on line through our e-home on line certificate program, whether or not you have owned a home previously or not. Should you have any questions please call 239-689-4944.
Eligibility For The Program
Applicants for homes will be screened for criminal history (no misdemeanor convictions within the last 5 years, or any record of prior felony convictions). AHF reserves the right to deny an application if any convictions are related to sexual assault, theft, violent behavior, drugs, or weapons.