What types of counseling services are provided?
Professionally trained housing counselors conduct free group and individual counseling on topics such as:
- Mortgage default/delinquency;
- Foreclosure prevention and intervention;
- Financial Coaching
- Pre & Post Purchase;
- 1st Time Home Buyers;
- Home Maintenance;
- Financial Assistance Programs;
- HECM – Reverse Mortgages – Age 62+
- Senior Housing;
- Student Loans
- Veteran and Military Housing
- Services offered in: English – Spanish – Creole
Transitional & Rental Counseling:
Rental housing makes up a critical segment of the nation’s housing and provides homes for families and individuals unable to afford the cost of ownership or whose life circumstances simply make renting a better option.
As America rediscovers the option to rent versus own, having proactive knowledge such as understanding the terms of a lease agreement, how to calculate rent affordability and use of budgeting tools make the overall experience of renting a positive one.
Benefits of counseling
A positive impact on a resident’s lifestyle will be gained as residents learn to successfully build or rebuild their credit histories and take the important step toward overall financial health.
We provide education and tools to:
- Understand resident rights and responsibilities
- Improve financial literacy
- Reduce debt
- Improving overall credit health
- Preparing for homeownership